Dope dude or bloody fluke?

Holla y'all!

Today, I am at a cross-roads as to whether making it in life depends on one's talent or lots of luck. I take a look at the Naija music scene and i really feel sorry for some artists. I'm left to wonder if these record labels or show promoters are in any way just in their judgements.
I look at Debee and the noise that surrounded his ONE hit 'Collabo', and I wonder whats happening to Black Trybe? The duo that came out with an album that had serious potentials and a couple of club bangers. I am seriously pissed at the highly ridiculous(over-hyped) single 'Shayo'(that has like 3remixes aleady) by Bigiano and I'm asking myself where Sean Tero is.
I'm sorry if it looks like I'm hating on some particular brothers, but i am just seriously pissed at what is happening in the industry. I can imagine where the likes of Sean Tero, Segun Agbede, Black Trybe(these brothers who even as hustling omo-boys have struggled to release an album) and co. would be if only they had half the support given to these guys who have assaulted our ears with O-N-E single that they keep remixing for almost a year(or more). It breaks my heart to hear that Kennis Music is signing unknown guys like Jaywon when what we have on ground hasn't been been thoroughly exploited.

We are 2geda 4geda. Chuurrrch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glaze's LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin